Sunday, April 21, 2013

My God, My Strength



I will love You, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
--Psalm 18:1-2  (NKJV)

From the daily Bible reading on January 19, 2013 of Psalm 18:1-10; Matthew 13:24-43; Genesis 35-36.

My God, my strength, in whom I will trust.  When I feel weak, confused, frustrated, I need only turn to God and suddenly or sometimes subtly I am strengthened and made to feel peace.  When I tire and grow weary of all this uncaring world throws my way, I simply need retreat to my stronghold that is Jesus.  In my Father's arms I can find rest to rebuild my reserves, and strength to face another day.  I put my trust in God because He has done all He has ever promised, and because everything He does is for our betterment.  God can take the most evil acts, and men, and make good come from them to those who love Him and follow His voice.  I trust in God, my Strength and my Redeemer.  Amen.

Almighty God, You are our strength, our one true hope.  In a world that seems intent on beating us down, You provide a place of rest and shelter.  The greatest giants pale in Your shadow.  In You we have all we need.  Thank You, our God, our Strength.    In Jesus' name we pray.  Amen.

No comments: