Sunday, March 24, 2013

Trusting God



In the Lord I put my trust.
--Psalm 11:1a  (NKJV)

From the daily Bible reading on January 12, 2013 of Psalm 11; Matthew 9:18-38; Genesis 24.

No matter what his circumstance or what befell him, David trusted God completely.  Sure, sometimes he questioned God, but in the end he always knew God had his best interests at heart.

I spent too many years thinking I could do everything on my own, could take on anything and come out on top.  Like David in his earlier years, my pride knew no bounds.  It took a while but, again like David, I finally realized I could do nothing without God's help.  I began to understand He always kept His promises, that everything He did was ultimately for our good, how He could take even the vilest evil and make something very good from it.  I now know I can trust in my Lord in all things, no matter the circumstance, no matter what may befall me.  God has my back.  Amen.

Lord God, I know from Your word that David was a man after Your own heart, that he was beloved of You, even with all his faults and failures.  And Father, I know that I am also beloved of You, even with all my faults and so many failures.  You have been faithful to me even when I barely knew Your Son.  And I know because You have kept every promise, every covenant You ever made that I can trust in You fully and completely.  Thank You, Lord, for loving me so very much.  In the glorious name of Jesus we pray.  Amen.

No comments: